In 1803 Jacob Ehrenhardt, Jr. built this stone, Federal-style home for his wife Susanna and their four daughters, Barbara, Anna Marie, Anna Eleanora and Suzanna. It was located near the Moravian Church, surrounded by fields, the South Mountain and a stream nearby on a plot of land owned by his father, Jacob Sr.
Take a Tour...step inside and go back in time to the early 1800's after the Moravians had settled in Emmaus. The house preserves the architecture of the Moravian culture of Colonial Pennsylvania and illustrates the lifestyle of Colonial America. This beautiful renovated "time capsule" of the past is a vital link to our heritage and one of the oldest structures in the borough of Emmaus. Read more about the history of the 1803 House...
Managed by: The Friends of the 1803 House
Our Mission: To help preserve and maintain the 1803 House, as a museums for the community.
Help us: to preserve a part of Emmaus History...Become a Member!
2015 Events: A Very Merrie Halloween on October 3rd and "Old Fashioned Christmas at the 1803 House" on December 5th...
Listed in the National Register of Historic Places